Eye care professionals specialize in understanding how the human eye really works, as well as diseases and conditions that affect your vision – many of which do not have obvious symptoms. Eye doctors know how age and risk factors affect vision over time for young and old, and they understand the benefits and features of corrective lenses including eyeglasses and contacts.
Our Glen Rock optometrist takes the time to explain the results of your eye exam, describe your options and listen to your eye care needs. Because maintaining good eye health is an ongoing partnership, we encourage you to ask questions and share your health information, which could be vital to monitoring, diagnosing and treating potential vision problems.
Meet our Eye Doctor in Glen Rock, NJ:
Dr. Simki Shah earned her Bachelors of Arts in Biology from Rutgers Unviersity in 1999 and her Doctor of Optometry from Pennsylvania College of Optometry in 2003. She then completed her primary care residency from Pennsylvania College of Optometry in 2004.
Her honors and awards include:
- 2001 Recipient of Dr. Leslie Mintz Scholarship for academic excellence from New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians (NJSOP)
- (2000-2002) 2002-2003 Golden Key International Optometric Honor Society
- 1995-1999 Garden State Scholarship (Rutgers University)
- 1997-1999 Golden Key National Honor Society (Rutgers University)
- 1998 Patti Shinkle Memorial Award from NJ Chapter of American Red Cross
- 2001 Certified CPR technician from American Red Cross
- 2000-2002 Received academic excellence award from NOSA (National Optometric Student Association)
A proud member of AOA and NJSOP, Dr. Shah’s specialties include Dry Eyes, Ocular Nutrition, Glaucoma, Diabetic Eye Care, and Macular Degeneration. She is a Board Certified Optometrist.
Dr. Shah was born in India and moved to the United States when she was 8 years old. She grew up in New York City, and then moved to New Jersey at age 12. In high school, Dr. Shah volunteered at a hospital and really enjoyed her experience in the healthcare field. She observed how the doctors collaborate when treating patients. This experience facilitated her decision to make healthcare a career. Dr. Shah currently lives in Bergen County.
Outside of work, Dr. Shah participates in community service (i.e. Volunteer Eyecare for under served communities, health fairs), swimming, water sports, family outings, and travel.
Dr Shah is married to a Podiatrist who practices in North Bergen and Jersey City, New Jersey. Together, they enjoy spending time with their twins.